Thursday, November 14, 2013

Simply Inspired CTMH Blog Hop - Hand Crafted Holidays


Welcome to another Simply Inspired CTMH Blog Hop.  Our focus this month is Hand Crafted Holidays.
If you have come here from Bren Yule's blog you are on the right trail.  If you should get lost along the way you can hop over to Dana's blog to get a complete list of bloggers.

This month I wanted to do something with Rosette's, did you see the tree on the front of the Holiday Gift Guide?  So I decided upon a wreath.

This Frosted wreath is large, approximately 17" across. I cut a 15" base out of cardboard, then covered it with cardstock, but that doesn't show.

The rosette's are all cut from the Artiste Cartridge on page 55, at 2 1/4" which is as large as you can go. Not only does the cartridge cut them for you, it also puts in little hash marks for folding them, very cool!   I cut 10 strips of each pattern because I used 15 rosette's on my wreath. Because I wanted a little smaller base, I then cut the strips down to 2" for the 12 large rosettes and at 1 1/2" for the 3 smaller rosettes.  This would give me a 4" rosette for the large ones and 3" rosettes for the small ones when folded.

Tip on folding the rosettes:  I fold all the hash marks towards me first, so I can line up the sides evenly, when I am done I go back and fan fold them easily. 






The snowflakes are made from Champagne and Colonial White cardstock and are cut on our Artbooking cartridge.  Add some glitter and sparkles and you have some pretty snowflakes.  I hung 3 double sided snowflakes with Slate Bakers Twine in the center.

My wreath will hang on a wall for the Holidays. It's light enough to use those damage free Hanging strips.

Thanks for stopping by, leave a comment if you like or if you have a question. 

Look for more ideas at Brenda Rose's site.  She does the most fabulous things!

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully constructed wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that looks like A LOT of work - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job!! I love the snowflakes dangling from the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the dangling snowflakes. Adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine the time this took, you are simply amazing Debbie! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your wreath Debbi!!! Thanks for the tip on how you fold them too. I'm going to try that next time. *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful work of heart! I adore the dangly snowflakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely wreath! Nicely done Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant and peaceful. I love it, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete